Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Time Flies

I am so glad that I go t to take a short trip to Marrakesh. Lots has happened since then so let me fill you in.

Probably the most important milestone that's been hit is that I reached my savings goal for 2007. I am right on track to having what I want for the ideal trip!

For Thanksgiving I went with my boyfriend Al to my parents house in Maryland. We spent most of the time just hanging out but we did spend one day in Washington DC. Unfortunately my favorite museum, the Smithsonian American History Museum was closed for renovation. Therefore we spent most of our time in the Air and Space Museum. I had thought that the Enola Gay was there (the plane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima) but I couldn't find it. There was a big display on plane travel through the ages though. The first man to fly around the world did so in 1936. It took him three weeks. I'm glad that I will have more time to get around the world.

Despite the fact that I grew up not too far from Washington I had never been to the Lincoln Memorial. Al and I decided that we had to fix that. After a long walk down the mall we came to a monument that neither of us had seen before. It was the new WWII monument and it was really quite fabulous. The Lincoln Memorial was also pretty amazing. He was huge, and I imagine that he was just as large in life as well. At least in presence if not in person.

For dinner we met up with my Uncle Stephen and his wife Mirna as well as an old friend of my uncle's. It was altogether I nice day out.

As you may have noticed, the entire look of this blog has changed and it has a new home. I had really wanted to stay with Bootsnall, but I wasn't going to be able to use the fabulous new logo that my very talented friend Rose made for me. In the end, it was more important to me to have the logo than stay at boots. Thank you Rose, I will buy you a drink in Barcelona!

With the new logo comes a Cafe Press store. The link is to the right. If your in love with the logo feel free to buy something. With every purchase I get a couple of bucks added to my trip and you get a huge thank you!

Now that I am three months out I'm having some seriously conflicting feelings. I'm going and that's final, but I'm beginning to feel panicky in my need to spend time with the people I care about. Al and I have been together for over a year now and know that I will be leaving him shortly is growing increasingly harder. He is so supportive of me and understands why I want and need this trip. I just don't know how I got so lucky and it's hard to leave that.

On the planning and kit collection side I've managed to check off my list a few items that I need. I'm pretty sure that I will get a nice amount of stuff for Christmas in two weeks as well. I would really like to book the UK part of my trip but National Express, the bus service that I will be using, refuses to update their site for my dates!

I have 90 days left and they are flying by!

No comments: