Friday, February 8, 2008

A Mini-Trip

Even though the “big trip” has not yet begun I have started to travel. I was up at stupid o'clock (3:30 am) in order to make my 6 am flight. I was headed to Missoula Montana via Minneapolis Minnesota and Spokane Washington. I think this was the first time I would ever be not only in 5 states in one day, but in 5 different time zones.

Today the travel gods were on my side and I reached Spokane with no annoyances and little delay.


My Uncle Bill was waiting for me and soon we were on our way to Missoula. There had been a huge snow storm the day before and there was about 10 feet of snow piled up on the sides of the road.


The most frightening and dangerous part of the trip was going over the pass. Eighteen wheelers were pulled over and putting chains on their tires for added traction. Luckily my Uncle Bill had 4 wheel drive and years of experience driving in slippery conditions.


When we got to Missoula our first stop was the Bayrn Brewery. The North West of the US is known for their excellent micro-brews. Missoula is no exception. After trying the slow-pour lager and the dobbelboch it was time for dinner. My Uncle and I caught up over trendy food at the new and trendy St. James bar and restaurant.


By about 3 am New York time I was exhausted and it was time to head to my Uncle's place.

No comments: