Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain, Rain Go AWAY!

Day 157
I was up early and ready to go. I had so much energy that I walked to the HBF. I was headed to Potsdam. I just didn´t consider fact that it was raining and that I might want to bring an umbrella with me.

I had thought that there was some sort of big memorial here, but I guess I was wrong. It was just a lot of rain. For whatever reason I had problems finding the tourist office. The signs were all pointing different ways with different distances. I kept just grabbing teas and snacks. It was like I thought the rain would stop if I ate enough.

During my wet wandering I found a store that had American food. I could have gotten Quakers for about $15, peanut butter for $10 or Koolaid for $8. I went for the Hersey bar for $2.

When I did find the tourist office and got a map I found out that there wasn´t that much to do anyway. I did try and walk around the castle gardens, but it was wet and muddy. The last place I ducked into to dry off at was an icecream shop. I got a massive icecream that looked like steak and fries.

I had waited all day for the rain to stop and I was tired of it. I was also tired of being in wet clothing. I headed back to Berlin and went to another movie. This time I saw Zohon. It was pretty stupid.

When the movie was over the rain had stopped, it was just too late to do anything. I ended up back at the internet cafe to blog and screw around on You Tube. When I was done I just went back to the hostel to sleep.

No comments: