Monday, September 8, 2008

No Reindeer Games

Day 181
I slept in rather later after my long day. Helsinki is also a small city, so I had plenty of time to see it.

My first stop was Senate Square and the Helsinki Cathedral. The cathedral was beautiful from the outside, but the inside was a bit boring. Next I went to the Temppeliauko church. It's all made out of stone and pretty interesting looking.


I had wanted to do some museums, but found out at the first one that it was closed because it was Monday. I went back to my hostel to consult my guidebook and found out that they are all closed on Mondays. Darn it.

With nothing to do I wandered around the mall for a bit and then went to see Once. It's a cute Irish film. I didn't like the ending though.


When I first moved to New York I met a Finnish girl named Mirva. She left the country and we lost touch. A couple of years later she found me on Facebook. She is actually in New York right now, but she introduced me to some of her friends. I met up with Hanna and Tia for dinner. After checking out the view from a very expensive place we went to a slightly cheaper place to eat. It was really wonderful to get to chat with the two of them. I was really sad to say goodbye.


When I got back to the hostel I spent a bit of time writing before calling it a night.


No comments: