Monday, November 24, 2008

No Laughing Matter

Day 258
Katherine had a class so I headed out on my own, but with plans to meet up with her later on.

I had been to the Museum of London before and remembered enjoying it quite a bit. I decided to go back and revisit it. Unfortunately they are completely redoing it so much of it was closed. It did, however, have a really good section on the 1666 fire in London that I didn’t remember at all. It was presented in the context of people, those that lost during the fire, and those that gained in rebuilding the city.

When I got out of the museum I found a bit of the London wall. Further down the road was the first Methodist Church and John Wesley’s house. I visited both about three years ago, but the pictures that I took were lost by Snapfish. Stupid snapfish. I didn’t really have time to go in so I simply took a picture of the outside and moved on.

I was a bit late meeting Katherine, I just underestimated how long it would take to get to Angel. We wandered around a bit and lamented that the shops were mostly closed on Mondays. We both managed to pick up a few things we needed though.

After some time debating we decided to go to a place close to her flat for dinner. This is the same place that she once saw Dumbledore eating. When we had finished we headed to a local pub and laughed at the drunks. Seriously, I overheard one guy say that his laugh annoyed him, the other said that his laugh annoyed him too so they should all laugh together. Weird.

No comments: