Friday, January 23, 2009

Lost

Day 317
I wasn’t quite sure what to do with myself when I woke up. I could stay and visit a tiger sanctuary but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do that or not. After thinking about it I decided to head to Ayuthaya.

I packed after breakfast and before I left I ran into Rob and chatted for a bit before leaving. I got lucky and managed to get a bus just a few minutes before it departed. I had thought it was a direct bus and when it terminated I took my time finding a map and picking out a hotel. That’s when the ticket taker on the bus found me and asked where I was going. When I told him where he motioned for me to follow quickly. Soon I was on another bus and really on my way. I have no idea where the first bus stopped at.

When I finally got to Ayuthaya it took me a minute to get oriented and when I did I found that I was just a stones throw from my hotel of choice. They had space and I got a massive four posted bed. It was one of the prettier rooms I have stayed in.

I was pretty hungry and found a cheap place close to the bus station for some really yummy soup. What I didn’t get is why chopsticks are used for soup. I’ve gotten used to them with everything else, but soup is still a challenge.

After lunch I wandered a bit but my direction of choice was no mans land and there wasn’t much to see. I got bored after a while and simply went back to my hotel. After showering I spent some time online and had dinner. I was feeling friendly and went out looking for some people to chat with. I found a group of Americans who were in Thailand teaching English who were celebrating someone’s birthday. I joined them for a bit but didn’t want to stay out too late so after a couple of hours I headed back to my hotel and went to sleep.

No comments: