Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Relax

Day 406
I was up around 10 and headed to a place for breakfast recommended in my book. It was pretty good. I also got directions to the post office and headed straight there. I needed to book a couple of train tickets and this was the cheapest place to do it. After some waiting, and massive confusion on my part I realized what the guy was suggesting so that I wouldn't have to change my itinerary. After about 20 minutes I had a train ticket to Agra.

When my chores were done I decided to browse some of the shops and see if there might be anything that I wanted. A few shirts later I was on my way back to my hotel. I didn't stay too long though and decided on an early lunch. I wrote for some time before heading to the internet cafe for some more typing.

While I was relaxing in my room I heard a huge crowd outside, it sounded like a fight, but I thought that could never be it. When the noise had died down I headed out for some dinner. There was still a huge crowd and some police loitering around, but I didn't think much of it. The place I picked for dinner was really close to where the ruckus had been. I asked what had happened. It turned out that an English tourist had slept with two local friends, one each night, and when they found out they got into a fight. This escalated until almost the entire town was in the brawl. On occasion there would be some more loud noise and I stayed put until the crowd had completely dispersed.

Back in my room I got mostly packed in preparation for an early morning.


No comments: