Monday, August 4, 2008

Trials

Day 146
I woke up happy after my first good nights sleep in quite a while. The breakfast at my hotel was amazing and I left stuffed.

It took only 1.5 hours, but three trains to get to Nuemburg. It was also raining like crazy.


I was a bit shocked at how attractive I found the city. It had been heavily bombed, but there was a nice flow between the new and old buildings. I liked the city right away.

Still, it was raining and it was a Monday. This meant that there was not a whole lot to do.

For the last month I have been dealing with some credit card issues. Two of my cards have been stolen and have been used in the States. It has been really crappy to try and deal with this while abroad. Just when I thought that everything had been fixed I checked my account and realized that instead of subtracting one of the fraudulent charges it had been added. I decided that today was the day that I would figure it all out. I called my credit card company and was told that I had to do all sorts of paperwork and that they didn´t see the error and that it could be weeks before this was fixed. To make matters worse I was unable to get into my online account or my email account. I think both sites were down. As I had already told about 50 over the past month what had happened and they had been so slow in responding and difficult to deal with that the idea of this going on any longer was exceedingly upsetting. I pretty much broke down in frustration on the phone. Tears don´t help anything, but I couldn´t help them. The guy at the internet cafĂ© even asked me if I was alright.

The rainy day was really matching my mood. I wandered for hours getting wet and in a half rage. I think I managed to get some pictures though. When I had gotten sick of this I bought myself a massive candy bar and headed back to the hostel for a nap.

I woke up feeling a bit better and decided to make myself some dinner. Afterwards I found a beer hall to have a drink at while updating my journal. I was very happy when I saw Andrew, the Aussie who I had met in Koln. He joined me and we ended up chatting for the rest of the night. It was good to see a familiar face.

As it turned out we were at the same hostel again, so we walked back together before it was late.

No comments: