Monday, September 22, 2008

Return to Riga

Day 195
I woke up around 6 am. It was so incredibly cold that I couldn’t sleep any longer. Apparently sleeping in a tent in September is not such a hot idea. After grabbing breakfast and packing up I headed into the city center. I made a quick stop at the post office before heading back to an internet cafe. I still had loads more blogging to do and I wanted to get as far as possible before my flight.

I can’t stand middle of the day flights. I would rather they be early in the morning or late at night. A 2pm flight just sucks away the whole day, plus I was working with a time change that further stole away the day.

The flight was fine, not a bit of a bump the whole way. In fact, I think that I slept through most of it. When I got to Riga I knew just what bus to take and how to find my hostel. At one point though I thought that I had missed my stop and got myself together to get off at the next one. Luckily, the next one was my stop after all!

By the time I reached Franks it was time for dinner. I went out and found the Hesburger. There was a publ crawl that evening at the hostel but I decided to skip it. There wasn’t a very large group and I still can’t get the crappy pub crawl in Rome out of my head. After writing in my journal I simply called it a night.

No comments: