Sunday, October 19, 2008

Escape

Day 222
The goal of the day was to see a few things in Krakow, I just didn't know what. After breakfast and weighing my options I went out.

After checking out the main square I headed to Warvel Castle. For some reason I decided that it was too expensive on my last visit and wanted to see it this time. I don't know what it cost then, but the cathedral was free and this time they were charging people for it.


I decided to visit the state rooms and the dragons den. It really wasn't all that interesting. There were some nice paintings and tapestries to check out and of course two throne rooms. Everyone needs two throne rooms.


The dragon's den was just a cave from the top of the hill to the bottom. There was a family inside taking turns taking pictures with each other. I offered to take one of all of them but they refused in a way that made it seem like they were frightened of me. I had no idea that I looked like a camera thief and where would I go in a cave full of people anyway? Outside the cave was a dragon statue, it was the scariest part of all.


I think I must be coming down with something. I'm was really dragging and I had gotten plenty of sleep the night before. I ended up going back to the hostel though and taking a nap. When I woke up it was dinner time. Annoying lady wouldn't leave me alone though. I kept telling her that I wanted to write in my journal, but she wanted to go clubbing. In the end I snuck out when she was in the bathroom. I felt bad, but I wanted to write and I didn't want to talk to her. I ended up at a pub milking a beer for a couple of hours and writing.


When I got back to the hostel she wasn't there. I still felt guilty, but at least I got to write.


No comments: