Monday, December 29, 2008

Road Trip

Day 293
I didn't get up early, there was no need. I would have preferred to though. At 11 am I was picked up by a mini van. I was there first and picked the seat I wanted. I was a bit miffed that they tried to make me move to the back in the middle so that some late comers could sit next to one another. I told them that I would get motion sick back there. I most likely would have too. As I had slept well the night before I had problems falling asleep and passed the time by listening to my ipod. The whole thing was really boring. Luckily there were stops every 2 or 3 hours to break it up.

By the time we got to the hotel it was almost 10pm. I had booked a standard room with an ensuite bathroom because it is really cold up the mountain where I was. They messed up the reservation and it took some arguing to get to what I had paid for. The driver who should have been helping me was really rude. In the end it all worked out though. After some dinner I fell into bed, sitting all day had been exhausting.

No comments: