Monday, January 26, 2009

Hmmm

Day 320
There wasn’t much to do in Lopburi so I didn’t bother to wake up early. After packing up I left my things in storage and went off to find breakfast.


I had planned on visiting

the palace but I hadn’t planned on Chinese New Year and the museum being closed. I walked all around the walls, just in case I missed the entrance, but there was no way in.

The only open site in town was the monkey covered Phra Prang Sam Yot. The wat isn’t large but the monkeys were. There as a package group that had brought wrapped starbust like candy to give them. This just seemed wrong. These monkeys weren’t that cheeky and I was able to get a lot of really cute shots of them.

Once I had finished with the wat I was at a loss of what to do. I grabbed some lunch and then went to an internet café to kill time. On my way back I picked up some snacks for my night train. When I was just about back at the hotel to get my stuff I felt someone grab my shopping bag, I turned and there was a monkey grabbing my bag. I shook him off and he went away.

While I waited for my slightly late train a local quizzed me on why I would come to Thailand and what I thought of the language barrier. Three times security guards came over to check my ticket and tell me where I could go to get in my car.

In Europe night trains have compartments with 6 people in them, here it was just a big room. I had a lower bunk and it was quite private as there was a curtain. The doors to the car with the bathroom didn’t work very well and I go a bit stuck. After all this time carrying around that dumb bag you would think that I would gain some type of upper body strength. Oddly they never turned off the lights in the main car. I woke up a few times during the night and this really confused me about what time it was, but overall I got a really nice nights sleep.

No comments: