Friday, February 6, 2009

Waiting Game

Day 329
I was up early and headed straight to the company that would process my visa. Next I headed to the Scandinavian bakery. Here I was able to get a bagel, chocolate chip cookies that tasted right and a cinnamon roll. I went over board, but I hadn't seen these things in a while. I took everything back to my room. I wanted to write in my journal and watch tv for the day. There really wasn't anything else for me to do.

When I grew bored, and hungry again, I headed out to the internet cafe. I was able to confirm with Nicole that we would meet up the next day in Vang Vieng. I also worked on the blog a bit. Soon it was time to get my passport back. I had been a bit worried about it working because they didn't ask me to fill out any paperwork. Everything was good though. It's too bad that I didn't know that for sure, I could have headed straight for Vang Vieng that night.

Instead I picked up a sandwich and headed back to my room to watch more tv. I got a bit lonley after a bit and went to a nearby pub. Laos has some rediculous curfews though and it soon closed. I went back to my room and went to sleep.

No comments: