Sunday, March 29, 2009

Goodbye

Day 382
I got up early to try and get a single room in the hotel I was already staying at. They put my name on a list and then I went off to find an India guidebook. All of the used book stands were selling them for almost the same price as a new book. In the end I just went to a bookstore and bought a new copy along with the third book in the Twilight series. I had already read numbers 1 and 4. I had decided to not worry about the order but rather read them as I found them.




I then went back to the hotel and hung out in the restaurant eating breakfast and working on my India itinerary as I waited for it to be 11am. When 11 came there were no new rooms and I headed out to find a different place to stay. I picked the same place I had stayed at before. It was cheep anyways. After I moved my things I waited for Nicole to come down so that I could show her where I was. She was going to leave her bags in my room for the day, she had a night bus later on.

Once Nicole's things were moved she went out to meet up with a friend from the UK while I went back to my room to read. Later on Nicole came back for dinner and the three of us went out for some street food. The guy who joined us used to work at the sports center with Nicole and I listened while they chatted about the other people they worked with. There wasn't much time though and soon we were headed back so that Nicole could grab her things and be on her way.

We said a quick but sad goodbye. Traveling with Nicole had been really wonderful and I know that we will be friends for life. However, we both agreed that 2 months of togetherness is too much, no matter how much fun you have with each other. I'm going to miss being part of a group, but I am also looking forward to being on my own again.

That evening I stayed in with my books.

No comments: