Monday, June 22, 2009

Travel in the Time of Swine Flu

Day 467
My alarm went off at 9 and I packed my things. I was a bit sad to be leaving, but my time was done here. After one last bagel I took the bus to the airport.

Checkin and security were easy. I spent the last of my won on a mocha and a donut. Before the plane was boarded every passanger had their tempature checked. The flight was shrot and we landed in Beijing in just over an hour. Some people came on board to check everyones tempatures again. They had a problem with one guy and called someone to come and look at him further. We were all held on the plane for about an hour while this happened. It was quite annoying.

Immigration wasn't a problem and soon I had my things and was in a cab on the way to the hostel. After checking in I headed right back out to the internet cafe. I managed to type a bit but mostly just watched tv online.

When it grew dark I headed back to the hostel. I was really nervous about missing my train and didn't sleep well. I was invited out to a club but I declined. I think I woke up and checked the time every time someone walked in the door. I didn't sleep very well.

No comments: