Saturday, September 5, 2009

Choices

Day 540
When the train pulled into Budapest at 6 am I had a lot of thinking to do. I was also very hungry as I didn't get dinner the night before. But that would have to wait.

I went thru my guidebook and luckily there was an open internet cafe. After finding a place to stay I went to by a ticket. Once again I was running for the stupid train. I had just enough time to grab a danish before boarding. There wasn't much to chose from. I felt really bad for the other people in my compartment. I know that I smelled really bad. I slept thru most of the ride though.

Once arriving to Pecs I took the bus but still had to walk quite a ways to the hostel. By the time I found it I was drenched again. Luckily the guy who worked there understood that I needed a shower before checking in and getting a tour. Its really amazing how wonderful a shower can make you feel sometimes.

I was famished, that danish hadn't been very filling. I went to a nearby restaurant and got a lot of food. It was really yummy, but the service was a bit slow. I ended up getting a lot of writing done. Afterwords I tried to wander around the town but I was really beat. I ended up back at the hostel to take a nap.

When I woke up I went to the supermarket and got some food and wine. After dinner I was watching movies on my ipod waiting for my clothes to finish in the dryer when I met two nice German girls. The three of us ended up going out for beers at a nearby bar. We came back to the hostel a bit late, but we had a good time so it was worth it.

No comments: