Friday, September 18, 2009

Moving Fast

Day 553

I was up stupid early to get a bus to Dubrovnik. Five hours and a nap later I was there. All the hostels were full so I went with private accommodation and ended up at a nice place. It was rather far though. Luckily I got free rides to and from the bus station.



As soon as I had dropped off my things I headed to the old city. I think it took me almost an hour to walk there. It was rather hot out. When I found the tourist info place I picked up a map and spent some time in the air con online.


A lot, and I mean a lot, of cruise ships dock here for day trips. The place was miserably crowded. I wandered the thin streets and took pictures. I visited a simple church, but didn’t have anything to cover my shoulders so I wasn’t allowed in the one that is mean to have baby Jesus’ diaper. All of the cruise people had doorway issues. They could walk into a doorway, but they never seemed to be able to walk out of one. It was extremely annoying.


The city wall walk was much the same. A bunch of rude tourists who should be stripped of their passports were there. Despite the rude people the walk was quite nice.


I decided to take the bus back to my hotel. I got really lost though and I just made it back in time to get to the supermarket for dinner.

After making my dinner I read in my room for a bit and then called it a night.

No comments: