Sunday, September 27, 2009

Passing the Time

Day 562
My flight wasn’t until early evening so I had the day to see the city, or do nothing. I know that I had mentioned a 24 hour bus ride before. I looked into it some more and it was only an extra $30 to fly. That plane ticket was worth every penny.

I had breakfast at this small place run by two elderly women who only made some sort of stuffed and rolled crepe thing. I have no idea what was in it but they were really good and I ate about 4 of them. I also spend a lot of time on the internet. I’m sure that I was just screwing around though.

I ended up at the airport early and had to hang out for a while. The flight to Athens was painless as was immigration back into the EU. Greece is country number 60 and the last new one for me on this trip. The metro was really easy to use and in no time I was checked into my hostel.

The first thing I did was head to the bar where I met some people and spent a few hours chatting before calling it a night.

No comments: