Monday, August 11, 2008

I Meant To

Day 153
I meant to wake up early enough to visit Wiemar. This didn´t quite happen. I got distracted in the park. It was quite nice and the ducks were fun.

Once I was in the city center I spent some time window shopping. By the time I made it to the train station it was past lunch time and the next train wasn´t for over an hour. I didn´t want to end up there late so I decided to just skip it. I´m sure that I will be back and have another chance to visit.

I was pretty hungry at this point and found a bagel place. They had the Olympics on. At this point I decided that I would really like to be watching it.

On the way back to Markus´s place I got a bit distracted. I wandered into the Thomaskirche where Johan Sebastian Bach once attended. Someone was playing the organ and I sat there for some time just enjoying it.

When I did make It back I couldn´t figure out how to turn on the tv. I ended up watching movies on my ipod for a bit. After Markus got home (and made fun of me for not being able to figure it out) he showed me how to work the tv. We watched the Olympics for a bit before putting on some sort of odd space movie. I can´t remember the name, but it was good.

No comments: