Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reunion

Day 233
When my alarm went off I was a bit confused about where I was and what time it was. I guess I was up a bit too late last night. Plus, I’m not too used to this whole alarm clock thing. I had never unpacked so I didn’t have to worry about packing up. All I
had to do is figure out where I was going and how to get there.

Rose had been kind enough to rent us an apartment right near Prague’s beautiful old town square. I took the tram and managed to stay on way too long. On my way back I got off at the right stop, but still couldn’t figure out where I was on the map. Eventually a nice local showed me where I was and I was oriented again.

Seeing Rose was just wonderful. We had way more to catch up on than 5 day could possibly allow, but I knew that we would try. The first thing we did was to visit the supermarket and pick up food. Rose was pretty tired, it had been a long flight, and decided to take a nap. Sometime during this I discovered that we didn’t have any hot water. I went over to the rental office to tell them about it and they promised to send someone over that evening.

Still, we were forced to go out dirty. For dinner we picked a typical Czech place and started off with the beer cheese. It was rather odd and we ended up getting French fries later on.

We tried to do a bit of a pub crawl but only managed to find one place that had any people and cheap drinks. It was called the Red Hat, but in French. It was getting late though and we were both tired so we headed back around midnight.

No comments: