Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why hostels are better than hotels

Day 232
In the morning I packed up my stuff. I couldn’t believe that it was actually time to leave Olomouc. I had simply fallen in love. I had an inkling that I would be back before too long though.

I had one last thing to see, the history museum. I didn’t really care for it. It was mostly taxidermy animals and prehistory stuff. The bit that I did like had some of the old parts of the town clock.

After the museum I grabbed lunch and managed to finish my book. This was good because I didn’t want to carry it with me. My train to Prague was about an hour late, I think because of the weather. It had been raining quite a bit, but had calmed down by the time I actually got there.

I found my hostel easily and decided to stay in for the night. I had purposely gotten to Prague late. I was meeting a friend and didn’t want to start seeing things without her. Instead I spent the evening watching movies. One of them was the movie with John Cusack called 1408. It’s about an evil hotel room. I was really glad that I was in a hostel and not falling asleep by myself that night.

No comments: