Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Threes Company

Day 210
At breakfast I met Kyung Mz from Korea. Kyung Mz, Kamile and myself spent about 2 hours just chatting and getting to know each other. I decided that instead of accomplishing loads of things today that I would just hang around with the two of them.

Kyung Mz had a plan though and she went off on her own. Kamile and I wandered around town for a while and eventually grabbed a traditional Polish lunch at a really nice place. We then chatted for a while over tea.


After dinner we met up with Kyung Mz and the three of us headed to an Irish Pub that was realy hidden in a basement. There were signs all over the place that said that you had to order in Polish or you wouldn't get served. Luckily they provided translations for everything. They even included how to say I have to vomit, but not how to say where is the bathroom.


The whole bar was done up for a party but we were the only people there. Eventually Kyung Mz had to leave for her night train. Later on when Kamile and I had gotten back to the hostel we both found small Korean presents on our beds.


The bar wasn't empty for long, soon a lot of Erasmus students took over the place. They were singing karaoke and celebrating I don't know what. Kamile and I left around midnight, ordering in Polish was too much of a challenge to do for too long!

No comments: