Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Something Fishy

Day 245
I had planed on getting up early for a day trip, but as I was about to go to sleep the night before it dawned on me that I might be planning on visiting the same place that I was moving to on Thursday. I had to wait until 9 when the internet cafe opened to check this out. They were different towns and I still had enough time to make it there. Soon I was on my way.


Trebon is known not just for being a spa town, but also for its fish breeding ponds. While I was at the tourist office I asked where the fish were. It seemed like a silly question at the time and the girl answered that the fish were in the lake. Where else would a fish be? She then added that the fish ponds were cleared for the winter and that I had missed it. All of the museums were also close, even the one I wanted to see the most, it was on mythical creatures.


All I could really do was eat lunch and wander around the town. After some noodle soup I started checking out the different streets. Eventually I found the lake and decided to head to the Schwartzenburg tomb. I have no idea who these people are, but it gave me a destination. On the way I walked past an enclosure with some rams in it. How random.


The lake was pretty dried up, but it still had a nice quality to it. I think I could have walked to the island in the middle if I didn't mind getting a bit muddy. Next to the lake were the vacant fish ponds. Well, there were some ducks in them, but I don't think that they count. It was actually quite a nice walk, and the tomb was attractive, but also very closed. I wonder if the bodies are on display or something. That would be creepy.


I took the long way back to the bus station and spent some time wandering by a small canal that made a partial ring around the old town.


I slept through most of the ride back, and almost missed the place I had to change buses at. When I got back to the hostel I made myself dinner. Boring pasta again. That night I grabbed a drink with Russian Alex, but we were not out late. When I got back to the hostel I put in the Crow. I hadn't seen it for years. I managed to fall asleep about half way through though.

No comments: