Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Surfs Up

Day 252
I woke up and laid in bed for a bit. At one point I heard someone coming up the steps and assumed that it was the guy from the night before. He then knocked on my door. I decided to pretend to not hear it. After a few knocks he tried to open the door. Creepy. It was locked and he went away.



After breakfast I got my act together and went to the castle. It wasn't opened but I was able to check out the birds that guarded it. With nothing really to do I just headed back to the hostel and worked on my blog for some time.

When it was finally time to go I had a bit of a panic attack. The bus station was rather large and no one seemed to know where the bus to Vienna was. It even took me some time to figure out where I could actually ask. Eventually I found it and after a short bus ride and a train ride I was in Vienna.

After waiting a few minutes I was greeted by couchsurfer Christine. She was kind enough to allow me to crash at her place for the evening. Christine was about to embark on her own big trip and was having a going away dinner that night. After dumping my stuff at her place we headed there.

The dinner was at an Indian place that was all you can eat and pay what you wish. It was really quite good. When the party was over we headed back to her place and chatted for some time before calling it a night.

No comments: