Sunday, November 9, 2008

To Hike or Not to Hike

Day 243
Gaynor slipped out early in the morning. Luckily I had her email address so that we could keep in touch.

It was really beautiful out, just a bit muddy, but still warm. My plan was to take a short hike to a place called little bird castle. I walked for some time in what I thought was the right direction, but only managed to find houses. After about an hour of walking I gave up. I would just have to do it another day.

I was a bit irritated with myself though. When I was walking back through the castle I was surprised to see that there weren't any tour groups around. This meant that I could get photos without and pesky tourists.


Lunch was once again at the sandwich place. I spent some time writing and finally started to feel like I had a handle on things. Later at the internet cafe, I typed up as much as I could stand and organized some photos. I also figured out my plan for the next few days. Emma and Cam, the couple that work at the hostel, told me that I could stay as long as I wanted, but that I should let them know my plans when I could, just in case they suddenly filled up, they wanted to save a spot for me. After some research I was able to confirm that I would be leaving on Thursday.


It was dusk when I got back to the hostel. Dusk here seems to mean any time after 4pm. After reading for some time I made my dinner. I was really starting to get sick of pasta dinners. I need to come up with something else that is cheap and easy. I went out for a bit with some of the people from the hostel. When we got back we put in The Dark Knight. It was late though, and I fell asleep before the end of the movie.


No comments: