Saturday, June 20, 2009

Serendipity

Day 465
It was pouring rain when I woke up. This motivated me to do nothing for a while. By the time I got myself up showered and fed it was about noon.

I contemplated going to the history museum, but there wasn't much time. Two days ago I had gotten an email from Kamiel, a Dutch guy that I had met in Poland 10 months ago. We both were going to be in Seoul at the same time, neither of us had any idea that the other was going to be there. Kameil told me that he would be at my hostel at 3pm. I read for a while waiting for him. I had just about given up when he showed up at about 4pm.

It was really nice to see someone familiar that I had spent so much time emailing. We went to a coffee shop and caught up for several hours, making him unfortunately late to meet his Couchsurfing host.

Kamiel left around 10 and I headed to a nearby bar to write for a bit. The people there were super friendly and kept buying me drinks despite my protests. Eventually I told them that I had curfew and headed back to my hostel to sleep.

No comments: