Sunday, September 13, 2009

Alone Again

Day 548
We didn't have a lot of time so we packed quickly and put our things in storage before heading out for breakfast. We went to a bagel place that we had found the day before. I miss bagels. They are just so good in NYC.

There wasn't anything on our to do list so we just wandered a bit until lunch and then passed the last bit of time over beers at an Irish pub.

It was really sad saying goodbye, but at least I know that it won't be long until I am in London. I was re ally surprised at how fast the weekend had gone.

When Edward got in the cab I walked to the train station. It took 30 minutes for my number to be called and I became worried that I would miss my train. When I finally had a ticket I bought some food and then changed the rest of the money. I slept most of the way to Vienna. Once in Vienna I bought an onward ticket to Ljubljana, Slovenia.

The first train was about 5 hours long and I had to stay awake to get off at Saltzburg. It was freezing, even inside when I was waiting for my next train. Almost a soon as I sat down I fell into a restless sleep. Sitting is never comfortable. About two hours before the train arrived I got the compartment to myself and could stretch out. For unknown reasons I never managed to fall asleep.

No comments: