Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't Wine!

Day 546
We were up early and set out to find some breakfast. This was a lot more difficult than you would think. We ended up in a very touristy area with omelets that were advertised as English breakfasts.

We then headed across the river and up a funicular to the caste area. By the time we got to the top we had been walking for about 3 hours and needed a break. We sat down for water but beer was cheaper, so we had some beers instead.

I was here six years ago and did the Castle Labyrinth. I remember being absolutely scared out of my mind and wanted to see if it was still that bad. Edward seemed surprised that I had done it alone before and so was I. Even with two of us it was still scary. There were weird statues spread around and creepy music. At one point there is a completely dark room. We didn't read the directions so we didn't know that we were meant to follow a string around the edge. Instead we just sort of bumped into things in the dark until Edward turned on his phone light. It really didn't help that we kept trying to make each other jump as well.

We then headed to the History Museum and stumbled on a wine festival. We bought wrist bands and tickets and tried a few different wines before going into the Art Museum. The museum wasn't that great, we never even made it to the History Museum. There was a huge number of booths to choose from and we took turns picking different kinds of wine. I meant to get some bulls blood wine but forgot to. I really should have written down what I tried as well, I doubt that much of it is exported.

As it grew later we decided to head back to the hotel. We walked and walked and right when we thought we must be very close. We checked the map. Neither of us could figure out how in the world we ended up where we did. That always worries me. Luckily we were right next to the metro line we needed and were able to get back to the hotel quickly. My feet were killing me from all the walking and I walk a lot, every day. I can't imagine how sore Edward must have been.

By the time we got back we had been out for about 12 hours. We decided to watch the only thing on tv, the BBC and drink the wine I had bought in Vac the day before.

No comments: